COVID 19 Updates

COVID-19 Positive Case Report for Robeson County Residents

Sept 4, 2013-Sept. 13, 2021

Male
336
Female
415
African American
98
American Indian
306
White
162
Hispanic
18
Other
38
Unlisted
156
Total Number of positive cases this period
778
Total positive cases since March 21, 2020
24,651
Number of deaths associated with Covid this period – 23
Number of deaths since Marc 21, 2020 – 390 (from NCDHHS Dashboard)
The positivity rate has dropped to 12.6% for the last fourteen days – 3% higher than the State and nearly 8% above the goal of being below 5%. There is a community testing site set up at the Southeastern Hospital’s Health Park on I95 (on Dawn Drive) and a COVID treatment site established by FEMA at the same location.
If you look at the positive cases for the past 21 days, you will note that American Indians account for 47% of the total. However, if the unlisted fall along with the same frequency as the tests with a race recorded, it would add another 10% to the total – 57%. At 27% vaccinated, it indicates that the population most likely to test positive is also the population most likely to be unvaccinated. The other ethnicities/races with large numbers have the African Americans representing 19% of the people testing positive – which is the same percentage for the Whites. If you apply the appropriate number of unlisted to these races, they will move up 5% to 24% each.
The county has had 51,373 people get the first dose (39%) and 42,729 of these are considered fully vaccinated. African Americans still have the largest percentage of the population receiving at least one dose at 39% with Whites at 38% and Hispanics at 30%. Since they are still using a population base of 134,000 plus and the census revealed only 116,000 plus – the percent for the first dose is actually 44% for the county – not great, but at least better.
And, in the last three-week period, 63 Robeson residents died due to Covid – averaging three per day. With the boosters on the horizon, now is the time to get vaccinated before vaccination sites get very crowded. We already have had far more than our share of cases and deaths.